Tuesday, April 10, 2007



Lazarus the Beggar


Luke 16~ 19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a centain begger named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table; moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass, that the begger died, and was carried by the angles into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue;for I am tormented in this flame.25But Abraham said,Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented

6 comments:

Neva said...

Ned just preached on this. Isn't it an amazing story?
thanks for coming by--always appreciate your comments and love stopping by here.
peace
neva

Terry said...

Dear Jel..They quite often use this story in the Gospel meeting. It is surely a true story and it is very solemn.
You know some people try to talk it away by saying that it is just one of the Lord's parables and so it is but I know that seeing as Jesus never told lies, all of the parables that he told were ALL true.....

Jel you are so faithful in your blog getting the gospel out!!...Ezekiel 33:9..Love Terry

Jim said...

Hi JEL --
That figure on the cloud horizon is a whispy little fey spirit, full of mischief.
I liked your Scripture with Jesus' story, I believe too that it is true, maybe not literal [names could be you and me or anyone in these circumstance].
But liking it doesn't help me to see either Lazarus, Abraham, or the rich man in the clouds?
Thanks though, I needed it, Scripture is never wasted.
..

Lori said...

I had to spend sometime catching up on your blog this morning. You have been pretty busy while I was away.

Blessings,

Lori

Michael A. Redwine said...

I am glad you stopped by and left a comment, that gave me the opportunity to discover your blog.

Thank you for the comment. May the Lord bless you and continue to make you and yours a blessing.
(Genesis 12:2)

Anonymous said...

Still doing good.

AW