Tuesday, August 22, 2006



Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!


"The Church has one foundation,
"Tis Jesus Christ her Lord;
She is His new creation,
By water and the word:
From heaven He came and sought her
To be His holy bride.
With His own blood He bought her,
And for her life He died.

"Elect from every nation,
Yet one o'er all the earth,
Her charter of salvation,
One Lord, one faith, onebirth;
One holy name she blesses,
Partakes one holy food,
And to one hope she blesses,
With every grace endued,

"Though with a scornful wonder,
Men see her sore oppressed,
Though foes would rend asunder
The Rock where she doth rest;
Yet saints their faith are keeping,
Their cry goes up, 'How long?'
And soon the night of weeping
Shall be the morn of song.


" ' Mid toil and tribulation
And tumult of her war,
She waits the consummation
Of peace for evermore;
Till with the vision glorious
Her longing eyes are blest,
And the great Church at rest."

----- S.J.Stone.


this is from a book I'm reading , and thought you would like to read it too!

8 comments:

David said...

Nice thought. Thanks for stopping by my place and your kind comments.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful & inspiring! :o) Thank you so much for stopping by & for your wonderful comments! I'm very glad you like my latest work!

Pat Paulk said...

Truth ans comfort!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, and encouraging.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jel, thanks for dropping by and comment. Awesome sunflower illustration, nice blog and beautiful pictures!

I'm blessed thru this post.

Many Huggs
PW

Jim said...

I like sunflowers. You made a nice devotion from yours.
The dog below: Is that your dog or one you know? If yours, how about a name. Thanks.
..

jel said...

David, thanks for stoping in ,
Enjoy your new grandbaby , she a doll, :)

Jon, you will go far with your art work, keep it up! :)

Pat & Aurora, I hope it was!

PW, thank you, and i hope was for you too!


Jim, thanks , and my dog's name is JanJan she was the runt of the bunch, and so was I, so we named her after me :)

thank you all have a great day
huggs

Beverly said...

HI, Janice,
That is one of my favorite hymns.